Kathmandu, June 10
One week after he gave a major shakeup to his government, Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli gave the full shape to the cabinet on Thursday as he inducted seven cabinet ministers and one state minister.
While reshuffling the cabinet last week, Oli had removed most of the ministers and retained seven portfolios within himself. Today, he filled the positions.
Now, with the latest expansion, the cabinet is full size with 25 members, the maximum the constitution allows for a federal council of ministers.
Here is the list of the ministers appointed today:
- Khagaraj Adhikari: Minister for Home Affairs
- Raj Kishor Yadav: Minister for Industry, Commerce and Supplies
- Nainkala Thapa: Minister for Communications and Information Technology
- Jwala Kumari Sah: Minister for Agriculture and Livestock Development
- Narad Muni Rana: Minister for Forests and Environment
- Ganesh Pahadi: Minister for Federal Affairs and General Administration
- Mohan Baniya: Minister without portfolio
- Aasha BK: Minister of State for Forests and Environment
Of the appointees, all except Yadav belongs to the prime minister’s CPN-UML party. Pahadi was in the Madhav Kumar Nepal-led faction, but he recently left the camp to support Oli. Likewise, Thapa is the wife of former home minister Ram Bahadur Thapa.